Treat your dog to a spread of delicious home-cooked meal on Christmas Day with these five delectable dinner recipes. These recipes contain nutritious dog-friendly ingredients that are safe for their tummies. You can serve the food as a full meal or as kibble toppers; either way, it’s guaranteed to get you sloppy kisses and wagging tails.
1. Christmas Dinner with Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 small diced butternut squash
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 lb. Low-fat ground beef
- Cook the meat using a large skillet.
- Add the coconut oil.
- Add the butternut squash and carrots.
- Pour enough water into the pan to cover the veggies.
- Bring to a boil on high then lower heat to a simmer.
- Let it simmer for 20 mins.
- Add the peas and stir.
- Make sure to let it cool before serving it to your pooch.
2. Veggie and Turkey Dinner
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shredded zucchini
- 3 cups chopped Kale
- ½ cup peas
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cup brown rice or wild rice
- Pour 3 cups water into a large saucepan. Use it to cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Once the rice is cooked, set it aside.
- In a large soup pot, add the oil and brown the turkey in medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients once the turkey is cooked.
- Stir until heated through and then remove from heat.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes and serve it to your pooch.
3. Fish Fillet Dinner
- 2 lb. tilapia fillets
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 3 cups diced mixed vegetables (Carrots, broccoli, cauliflowers, pumpkins)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Dice the fish fillets finely and cook in a skillet.
- Boil the mixed vegetables in water until softened whilst cooking the fish.
- Drain the water off the vegetables.
- Mix together all ingredients in the pan.
- Let it cool before serving it to your pooch.
You might also like:
4. Chicken Dinner
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs or drumsticks (with skin & bone intact)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups of chopped green beans
- 2 cups of diced butternut squash
- 2 cups of diced carrots
- 2 diced small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 4 cups of water
- Heat 3 cups of water in a crockpot over low heat. Add in the chicken.
- Add the other ingredients one at a time.
- Pour the remaining cup of water in the pot.
- Set it aside for eight hours.
- Once it is cooked, make sure to pick out the chicken bones.
- Allow cooling before serving.
5. Tail wagging Mince Pies
- 200g of minced beef or lamb
- 4 tbsp of cold water
- 115 grams of butter
- 225 grams of plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- Prepare the pastry and create twelve mince pie bases.
- Grease the cupcake tins with oil and add pastry shells.
- In each mince pie, place a small teaspoon of dog food.
- Seal the mince pies and poke a small hole on top.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes at 140 C.