Your dog’s favourite things could be making him sick and you may not know it. Toys, pet bowls, blankets, beddings, and items that your dog uses are carriers of bacteria, mould, yeast, and germs.
The likely scenario is that your dog’s belongings are not being washed regularly or not being replaced often. This exposes your dog to various health risks. Since you can’t expect your dog to clean up after himself, you have to do the “dirty job”. Here are tips to deep clean your dog’s favourite things.
How To Remove Hair on Your Dog’s Bedding
- Get rid of any visible hairs that are sticking on the bedding before placing it inside the dryer. You can use a wet towel or a soft brush.
- Put the bedding into the dryer for 10 minutes. This softens the hairs making them easier to remove.
- Take out the bedding from the dryer and shake it off outside to remove the hairs.
- Start washing the bedding. Choose a dye-free and fragrance-free laundry detergent which is safe for your dog.
- Add a small amount of white vinegar to the water. It will help in softening the hair. It also removes bad odour.
- Make sure to dry it properly before letting your pooch use it to prevent moulds or mites.
How often should I clean my dog’s daily items?
Wash it at least once every other week since it can contain bacteria, dust, and parasites.
Clean the cage at least once a week.
Wash pet bowls everyday since bacteria grow fast in the bowl.
Wash toys at least once a month.
Automatic Water Dispenser
Clean it once a week.