Last revised on 9th of January 2018.
This page contains our site policies for the following:
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for visiting UK Pets (“We”/”Us”/ “Our”). UK Pets maintains the website www.ukpets.com, referred collectively as the “Site” or “Website.” Please read carefully the Terms and Conditions of UK Pets before using any of our service. Your use of this site constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out herein whether or not you are a registered user of our Service. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use any of our service in this website. This Agreement applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service.
Please note that we reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without notice, and as such, you (the “Visitor”/“User”/“Member”) will have to visit this page for any updates and modifications. We will post the amended Agreement on this page and indicate at the top of the page the date when the Agreement was revised.
UK Pets is a straightforward website and we have set standard rules with regard to the use of this website. If there is anything you do not understand, feel free to contact us.
By creating an account and using our service, you fully accept our Terms and Conditions. Please make sure that you abide by the standard rules that we set. We have the right to cancel your account at any time, without notice, if we deem that you have violated any of our policies and rules.
We update our Terms and Conditions, so make sure you visit this page occasionally. Continued use of our service assumes that you have read the amended agreement every time you contact us.
By joining our website, you warrant that you will comply with the following terms:
- In order for you to experience the UK Pets website to its full extent, you are required to create an account wherein you provide complete, accurate, and up-to-date information.
- You will keep your account details confidential and ensure that you will log off to prevent unauthorised use by others.
- You are 18 years of age or above.
- You are only allowed to create one account with UK Pets.
- Your account may be closed without prior notice if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
- You should select the appropriate account type applicable to you when you sign up: Standard, Breeder, or Rescue.
- If you sign up for a Standard account, you will only be allowed to post up to 2 types of pets at a time. You may upgrade to a Breeder or Rescue account if you want to activate more pet adverts at the same time. If the status of your account will be reset and unverified, we will need to verify it again based on the account upgrade you selected.
- If you sign up for a Breeder account and you breed more than 5 litters of dogs per year, you are required to have a breeder’s licence issued by your local authority. You must provide complete and accurate licence information in your account details for us to verify. Licenced breeders may post unlimited pet adverts on all sections. Non-licenced breeders may only post 3 dog adverts and 3 cat adverts at a time, with unlimited adverts on other pet types.
- If you sign up for a Rescue account, you should be a registered organisation. You must provide complete and accurate organisation information in your account details for us to verify. Verified Rescue account members may post unlimited pet adverts on the “For Adoption” section only. Unverified Rescue account members may only post 2 adverts at a time.
C. Advert Content
- All pet adverts are subject for verification. UK Pets has the right to take down any type of ad from any account without notice or warning if we deem it unfit or inappropriate for any reason.
- Any animal you advertise should be located in the UK, and the address stated in your advert must be an accurate and permanent location of the animal.
- Any animal imported from outside the UK is not allowed on the site.
- When you create an advert, you must categorise the animal correctly and avoid misleading descriptions.
- You must disclose the animal’s true breed, and if it is a cross-breed, you will clearly state it in the description.
- All health and welfare issues of the animal must be disclosed and clearly stated.
- You are required to show any prospective owner the mother of all the puppies and/or kittens that you advertise.
- Only dogs that are family pets should be advertised. Working dogs of any nature are not allowed on the site.
- You should only advertise animals that are fully weaned, and for dogs and cats they must be 8 weeks old or older.
- You are not allowed to advertise animals intended as food.
- You are not allowed to advertise any banned breeds in the UK. We do not accept dog adverts for the following breeds or cross-breeds: Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro, or Japanese Tosa.
- You may only advertise a dog with a docked tail if a veterinarian had carried it out in accordance to The Docking of Working Dogs’ Tails (England) Regulations 2007.
- You are required to state whether you are a breeder, private individual, or member of a rescue centre.
- Animals that have been farmed are strictly not allowed.
- If the animal for rehoming is registered, you are required to state the registration authority in your advertisement and provide all paperwork for verification.
- We do not allow ads for pregnant animals.
- Swapping of animals is strictly prohibited.
- We do not allow animals to be delivered through postal or any courier service not intended to handle live animals.
D. Contacting an Advertiser
- You recognise and agree that UK Pets is not able to check the accuracy of any statement made by any person advertising a pet. It is your responsibility to authenticate all information provided by any advertiser.
- Your transactions with advertisers and third-party vendors found on or through UK Pets are solely between you and the third party. These may include, but are not limited to, joining promotions, the purchase of goods, as well as the terms, conditions, guarantees, or representations associated with such activities. We do not make any representations or warranties with respect to any goods or websites that may be obtained from such third parties. You recognise that UK Pets will have no liability for any loss or damage of any kind sustained as a result of any activities you carry out in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, services, information, or other materials available, or through such third parties, on UKPets.com. You acknowledge that such external sites usually have their own terms and conditions, including privacy policies, over which UK Pets has no control and which will govern your rights and obligations with respect to the use of those websites.
- We discourage buyers from making online payments as we do not have any means of verifying the trustworthiness of any advertiser. If you do send money using an online service, we have no responsibility to the outcome of this transaction, especially if it leads to any loss of money.
E. Submitted Materials
- UK Pets does not wish to receive nor do we solicit any proprietary, confidential, or secret information or other material from you by email, the Website, or in any other way lest particularly requested to.
- By submitting or sending Submitted Materials to us, you:
- Claim that the Submitted Materials are original to you. It means that no other party has any rights thereto, and that any "moral rights" in Submitted Materials have been waived.
- You are allowing UK Pets and its affiliates a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully transferable, and sublicensable licence and right to combine, modify, make derivative works from, perform, publish, adapt, translate, reproduce, distribute, use, duplicate, and display in other works any Submitted Materials (in whole or part) in any technology, form, or media later developed or now known. It includes commercial and/or promotional purposes.
- We are not responsible for storing any Submitted Material that you provide to us. We have the right to destroy or remove any such Submitted Material at any time.
- You will not use our service to threaten, harass, impersonate, or bully anyone using the site.
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that is in violation of copyright or trademark law—or any other law protecting intellectual property in any jurisdiction—or that violates an individual’s publicity or privacy rights.
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “affiliate links,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You will not transmit any viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You will not use any “deep link,” “page scrape,” “robot,” “spider,” or other automatic device, programme, algorithm, or methodology (or any similar or equivalent manual process) to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of our service—or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our service—to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the service.
- You will not use our service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, including the laws of your local jurisdiction, regarding online conduct and acceptable content (including, but not limited to, intellectual property laws).
- You will not access without consent, interpose with, disrupt or damage any network or equipment on which our Site is stored, any part of our Site, any software or equipment or network utilised or owned by any third party, and any software utilised in the provision of our Site.
- You are not allowed any publishing or exploitation of the Website, promotional or commercial distribution, or any materials, content, data, or code in the Site lest stated otherwise on the Site or in these Terms and Conditions. You must indicate preceding written permission from our authorised personnel or the otherwise applicable rights holder.
- You are prohibited from displaying, posting, downloading, reproducing, publishing, copying, transmitting, distributing, performing, modifying, transferring, broadcasting, and creating derivative works from, exploiting or otherwise selling any materials, code, data, or content available through or on the Website, other than as expressly allowed herein or on the Website.
- You are not allowed to change, delete, remove, alter, and otherwise edit the meaning or appearance of , or repurpose any of the materials, code, data, or content available through or on the Website, including but not limited to the removal or alteration of any logos, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, or any other proprietary rights notices or proprietary content.
- UK Pets exclusively and solely owns every title, rights, and interest in and to the Website. The entire content (including, for instance, graphics, audio, illustrations, photographs, other text, visuals, titles, copy, video, etc.) data, code, and other materials on the Website. Treaties and copyright laws around the world protect these content and works. You do not have the right to copy or use any of the information on our site, other than to use the site, without our authority.
- For your personal reference, you are allowed to print one copy and download extracts of any pages from our Site. You may also attract the attention of individuals in your organisation to the content posted on the UK Pets Site.
- You are not allowed to modify or change the digital or paper copies of any materials you have downloaded or printed off from our Site in any way such as selling or distributing them for commercial gain. You are also prohibited from using any of our photographs, illustrations, audio or video sequences, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. It must not be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
- UK Pets status, together with any identified contributors as the authors of the content found on the Site, must always be acknowledged.
Limitation of Liability
UK Pets is a platform for pet advertisements and have no facilities to screen the services of advertisers. It is your sole responsibility to take all precautions before making any agreements in obtaining or supplying a pet. We shall have no liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, costs, or losses whatsoever and howsoever arising out of your access to use, inability to use, change in content of this website or arising from any other website you access through a link from this website or to the extent permitted by applicable law, from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of any electronic mail messages you send us.
We shall have no responsibility to maintain the material and services made available on this website or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith. Any material on this website is subject to change without notice.
You are allowed to view and access the content on the Website on your computer or other devices. You are also granted with the right to create single prints and copies of the Site’s content for your sole and internal use only, lest otherwise indicated on the Website or in these Terms and Conditions. The utilisation of the services provided on or through this Site and the utilisation of the Site is meant for your personal, non-commercial use, lest contrarily and particularly indicated in these Terms and Conditions or on the Website.
Furthermore, UK Pets shall have no liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any loss suffered caused by viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property by reason of your use of, access to, or downloading of any material from this website. If you choose to download material from this website, you do so at your own risk.
Privacy and Cookies
- We cannot guarantee that the site will meet all your needs or that it will fit any particular purpose.
- Any tips or advice given on our site is general in nature and may not be applicable to you and your pet. It is up to you to make the necessary steps to double-check that a certain piece of information is effective for your situation. There is no way for us to know the exact personal situation of our users, which is why we cannot guarantee any specific outcome from any suggestion of the materials we provide.
- We take all reasonable effort to test material before placing it on the site. However, we also do not promise that it will be safe, that all information provided will be correct, and that it will not infringe the rights of others. If it is not available for any reason, you cannot hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result. We have the right to change the site and the services we offer, the way it operates, and/or suspend it or stop it at any time.
- We never guarantee that our site will work with all systems at all times. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption, or damage caused by any material on the site, we cannot be held responsible for them.
- The only rights you have under these Terms and Conditions are those mentioned within this page. If a right is not mentioned (unless it is a right given to you under the laws of England and Wales), then it does not exist.
Links to Other Website
- We do not control any of the websites we link to, and so we cannot be responsible for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any losses that arise from you using them.
- Just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site.
- We can never guarantee that a link will work.
- If you find any link we offer to be offensive, please let us know and we will consider removing it.
- If you link to any other site using our site, then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions—so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites.
Modifications of Terms and Conditions & the Site
As previously stated, we reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without notice. As a result, you MUST visit this page occasionally to ensure that you are up-to-date on any modifications. Continued access to the site confirms that you are aware of any changes.
We have the right to stop the publication of the UK Pets magazine at any given moment. Moreover, we also have the authority to adjust or alter the pricing of the magazine.
We also reserve the right to change the site as and when we want to, but these Terms and Conditions will still apply to any changes made.
- Operative Law – This agreement is made under the laws of England and Wales, and that is the only jurisdiction that can govern it.
- Partnership/Joint Ventures – We and you agree that this agreement does not form the basis of any partnership or co-venture.
- Effect of Agreement – This agreement supersedes any previous agreement between the parties in relation to the matters dealt within them and represents the entire understanding between the parties.
- Time of the Essence – Time will not be of the essence in any part of this Agreement.
- Warranties – All parties acknowledge and agree that they have not entered into this agreement with us in reliance upon anything said or promised by the other that is not in these Terms and Conditions.
- Force Majeure – If something outside our control happens and that prevents us from performing our services, then you accept that we are not liable for the consequences of that failure (this includes such things as strikes, riots, fires, explosions, war, floods, and so on). If such an event does happen, we will tell you as soon as we are able and resume the service as soon as we can. If we cannot perform the service within a reasonable time, we can cancel it.
- Unenforceability – If a court or other body says that any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable, the rest of them will stand.
- Notices – If either you or we need to give formal notice to the other, it must be done by email to the address that each of us gives to the other from time to time.
- Entire Agreement – These Terms and Conditions contain the entire understanding between us.
- Website – also “the Site,” means the online property www.ukpets.com that the UK Pets team maintains.
- You – means the site visitor, user, member, and others who access the Service on the Site, whether or not a registered user.
- Account – means collectively the details, including personal and identifying information and credentials used by Users to access the services on the Site.
- Content – means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, data, and any type of information that is stored in a computer and appears on or forms part of the Site.
- System – means the storage system or systems used by the Site.